Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Exclamation Samsung Galaxy SII Problem.

Hi, I have recently obtained a new phone from my. It was pretty cheap because it is "Broken". It does not power up at all. He says it needs to be sent in so they can reformat it or some jazz like that. I found out that the battery has been water damaged (judging from the red sticker) So i just threw it away. I haven't tried it with another battery yet. I am planning on buying a new one. It is the Galaxy S2 T989 from T mobile. Would I need to go and buy a jig to unbrick it if it is bricked? I don't know if it was rooted or any other kernels I am assuming that it was his sister's or fathers. It had the SD card still in it and it had some pictures of his sister in it o.O Need more info? I will try to reply as soon as possible.

Don't know what a JIG is, but if it has been rooted/unlocked and is Bricked then you should still be able to boot into CWM or TWR:TM If you can And it still has the SD card then anyone with a lick of sense would have saved a back up. Load a previous backup (preferred the farthest one back) and start from there. If the nitwit Didn't save any backups then send me a PM and I should be able to send you the files from the default system and that should fix the problem.

To boot the Galaxy S2 into recovery mode, first turn off the device. Then simply press and hold the Volume up button, the Home button and the Power button at the same time. Keep holding the buttons until you have reached the recovery mode.

If for some reason you can't boot into recovery then let me know and I can send you the links to some files that should help you boot through download mode.
    Hope this helps.

OT: If your going to get a new phone I Would HIGHLY suggest the new LG: Optimus G (Codename: Jeebus) As I bought one day of release And Have loved it ever sense.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/349fj4l.jpg[/IMG]
    They Will Never Find Whats At The Bottom Of The Ocean.[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Fatal View Post
    Don't know what a JIG is, but if it has been rooted/unlocked and is Bricked then you should still be able to boot into CWM or TWR:TM If you can And it still has the SD card then anyone with a lick of sense would have saved a back up. Load a previous backup (preferred the farthest one back) and start from there. If the nitwit Didn't save any backups then send me a PM and I should be able to send you the files from the default system and that should fix the problem.

To boot the Galaxy S2 into recovery mode, first turn off the device. Then simply press and hold the Volume up button, the Home button and the Power button at the same time. Keep holding the buttons until you have reached the recovery mode.

If for some reason you can't boot into recovery then let me know and I can send you the links to some files that should help you boot through download mode.
    Hope this helps.

OT: If your going to get a new phone I Would HIGHLY suggest the new LG: Optimus G (Codename: Jeebus) As I bought one day of release And Have loved it ever sense.
    Hello, could you add me on skype to talk or instant message each other. But I don't really care about backups cause I got it from a friend and it's mine now so you kinda get the idea. And the phone wont do anything at all. No matter what combo of buttons the phone won't to anything. I think i may have to get a new battery cause the current one is water damaged. btw I have the sd card with it still.

I'm getting ready to head to bed so getting on IM/Skype wouldn't be a good option for me at the moment. However, I can say that while awaiting your reply that I did some reading on these "Jigs". Starting with Need a Samsung USB Jig? Build Your Own – xda-developers <-- This article. From there on through the ones linked within it. The last Samsung Device I owned was the Epic 4g Touch In which I never Fubar'd So I never even knew a "Jig" Existed, but it sounds like it should be able to help.
    If you have the time and the means I suggest Looking into the "Build your own jig" section and giving it a shot. If I were in your position I would head to the local Walmart-Radioshack or Phone shop and check for a battery replacement and test if that is the issue.

Sorry I can't be of much help with the battery or the boot issue as of this moment but If you are able to boot it and still need help feel free to PM me. I don't do a whole lot with roms or bootloaders but mostly GUI and APK mods and this is just some of the knowledge I've picked up on along the way.

At this point I don't know what will help. I threw away the old battery cause it was water damaged so i thought nothing of it. When I plug my battery-less phone into a powered USB nothing happens.

Well I can tell you right now that a powered USB will not provide enough power to turn the device on or even allow it to last longer then a simple IMG boot of the battery charge screen. SO without a battery to atleast store the power that the Powered USB is delivering to your device you wont be able to get farther then a LED notifcation from your phone. If you could I would try to dig the battery out. Plug into a USB wall charger. And attempt to boot into recovery mode from there. But as stated before I must be heading to bed now. I will try to cover some more of this if you havnt figured it out by the time I get away from work tomorrow.

Good night and thanks for your help Knowing that just a USB wont even light anything up is very reassuring . I will also go to bed, which is where my wall charger is.

EDIT: I plugged the phone into a wall charger and tried numerous button combinations. Nothing happened at all.
    Last edited by Johnny; 11-27-2012 at 07:46 AM.

Thread Information